The Apple iPhone 13 has several SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) levels, which measure the amount of radiofrequency (RF) energy absorbed by the body when using the phone. These values are measured in watts per kilogram (W/kg) and are averaged over a gram of simulated biological tissue.
- The head SAR level is 1.18 W/kg, which is ranked #77 out of all tested devices, and is 73.75% of the legal limit.
- The body SAR level is 1.17 W/kg, which is ranked #68, and is 73.13% of the legal limit.
- The simultaneous head SAR level (when using cellular and Wi-Fi at the same time) is 1.33 W/kg, which is ranked #24, and is 83.13% of the legal limit.
- The simultaneous body SAR level is 1.45 W/kg, which is ranked #29 and is 90.63% of the legal limit.
- The hotspot SAR level (when using the phone as a hotspot for other devices) is 1.18 W/kg, which is ranked #56 and is 73.75% of the legal limit.
- The simultaneous hotspot SAR level is 1.51 W/kg, which is ranked #35 and is 94.38% of the legal limit.
It’s worth noting that the legal limit for SAR values in the United States is 1.6 W/kg. and FCC SAR Testing is measured by this standard. these values are summary of Apple iPhone 13, the specific absorption rate (SAR) report submitted by the manufacturer to the FCC and has the approval date of 13 September 2021 and the FCC ID is BCG-E3997A.
SAR levels, ranks, and percentages of the legal limit for each test on the Apple iPhone 13:
|SAR Test||SAR Value (W/kg)||Rank||% of Limit|
|Simultaneous Head SAR||1.33||24||83.13|
|Simultaneous Body SAR||1.45||29||90.63|
|Simultaneous Hotspot SAR||1.51||35||94.38|
The legal limit for SAR values in the United States is 1.6 W/kg as per FCC SAR Testing standard.
The QuantaCase™ RFS1 incorporates world-renowned RF Safe® Radiation Shielding Technology, which has been lab-tested to show electromagnetic radiation, including 5G frequencies, is reflected via conductive shielding fabrics in the front cover. In addition, the QuantaCase has an exposed RF Safe® notch where an inexpensive Ohm meter can be used to test the conductivity of the microwave barrier between your body and device. Unlike most products that require expensive microwave meters to verify what is inside, the highly conductive RF Safe® shielding fabric inside the QuantaCase™ RFS1 is accessible for easy conductivity testing.
Anti-Radiation and Single Slot RFID Blocking Wallet Case for the iPhone 13: So much more than just a phone case. The RF Safe® iPhone 13 QuantaCase™ RFS1 contains lab-tested microwave RF shielding technology that can reflect a wide range of radio frequencies from your iPhone, including 5G, Wi-Fi, and cellular, all high-frequency microwave cell phone radiation bands. It also contains a built-in RFID-blocking wallet and can be converted into a phone viewing stand, all in one lightweight and convenient case.
Anti-Radiation: RF Safe® microwave radiation shielding material is integrated into the front flap of the outer case to deflect radiation (5G, Wi-Fi, EMF, etc.) away from your body while still allowing the signal to enter and exit the back of the phone unimpeded.
RFID Blocking Wallet: The built-in card slot provides RFID theft protection for a credit card, room key, or any RFID remote access card while the phone case is closed.
Protective Cases: QuantaCase™ RFS1 protects from cracks, dings, and scratches to keep your phone looking and performing like new.
Adjustable Angle Stand: Easily convert your QuantaCase™ RFS1 into a stand for watching videos.
How It Works:
- Close the radiation shielding front flap after taking/making a phone call and speak as you usually would. The microphone and speaker are fully functional for private calls; however, it is highly recommended to use the speaker phone option wherever possible. Distance is always your best friend when it comes to EMF exposure.
- When storing in your pocket, face the front flap towards your body to deflect the most intense line of sight radiation away from your body.
- When texting, the flap can be folded behind the phone to shield the back of the device while held in your hand for texting. The front of the device is typically at a “safe” distance from the body under this condition.
Now you can reduce exposure to cell phone radiation in style! RF Safe’s Apple iPhone 13 QuantaCase™ RFS1 radiation shield discreetly provides layers of RF radiation protection where it is most needed. The RF Safe Apple iPhone 13 QuantaCase™ RFS1 isn’t just about improving the look of your iPhone 13 or being an essential accessory for protecting your new iPhone.
The RF Safe QuantaCase™ RFS1 for the Apple iPhone 13 protects the most important thing by simply reducing the amount of iPhone 13 radiation absorbed in your head and body.
Most materials are transparent to microwave radiation from smartphone devices. As a result, microwave energy is absorbed into a user’s body closest to where the cell phone is being carried or used. The QuantaCase™ uses specially placed materials that deflect the most intense microwave radiation from smartphone devices away from you.
When a phone is used with a hands-free device, and the phone is carried in your pocket, radiant energy is absorbed much faster than at the head because tissues and organs such
as the liver, kidneys, or reproductive organs provide much better conductivity than the skull, and simply put, most of your body’s major organs have no bone protection like the brain does.
The essential requirement of any cell phone radiation shielding is that it is electrically conductive. The Apple iPhone 13 QuantaCase™ RFS1 is lab-tested to confirm that it meets this requirement and effectively shields against microwave radiation. The QuantaCase™ RFS1 offers a convenient and stylish solution for reducing exposure to cell phone radiation while keeping your iPhone 13 protected.
The QuantaCase™ RFS1 deflects radiation by incorporating RF Safe® Radiation Shielding Technology into the front flap of the outer case. This technology uses conductive shielding fabrics that are designed to reflect electromagnetic radiation, including 5G frequencies, away from your body. This is based on the principle that electromagnetic radiation can be blocked or reflected by a conductive material. RF Safe® uses specially placed materials that deflect the most intense microwave radiation from smartphone devices away from you.
The shielding fabric is highly conductive and therefore able to reflect the radiation and redirect it away from the body. It’s also accessible for easy conductivity testing through the exposed RF Safe® notch on the case.
Materials Used for Electromagnetic Radiation Shielding
RF Shielded fabric is made from polyester filaments woven with a blend of micro-fine conductive threads. The shielding fabric is combined with a proprietary process for deflecting potentially harmful radiation.
RF Safe QuantaCase™ RFS1 Shielding Mesh is visible inside the earpiece speaker hole, which allows the metal alloys used in the RF shielding to be tested for conductivity. Conductive adhesive layer the shielding mesh seamlessly in full compliance with EU Nickel Directive 94/27/EC.
Designed to deflect radiation from iPhone 13 smartphones
The RF Safe QuantaCase™ RFS1 only incorporates shielding mechanisms that utilize deflection. Absorption (attenuation) is never used to prevent affecting the iPhone 13 software regulating RF power output. RF Safe only uses absorption technologies on wires (Ferrite Beads), such as on an air-tube headset plugged into your iPhone.
How QuantaCase™ RFS1 Electromagnetic Radiation Shielding Works
Electromagnetic radiation consists of coupled electric and magnetic fields. The electric field produces forces on the charge carriers (i.e., electrons) within the conductor. As soon as an electric field is applied to the surface of an ideal conductor, it induces a current that causes charge displacement inside the conductor that cancels the applied field inside, at which point the current stops.
Varying magnetic fields generate eddy currents that repel the applied magnetic fields. The result is that electromagnetic radiation is reflected from the conductor’s surface.
QuantaCase™ RFS1 deflects Apple iPhone 13 radiation, as shown in the illustration. By simply keeping the shielded flip cover between your body and device, whether used to your ear or carried in your pocket – you have the shielding you need to cover the entire front of the phone to deflect potentially harmful excess radiation.
RF Safe QuantaCase™ RFS1 for Apple iPhone 13
-Specially designed for Apple iPhone 13
- Incorporates RF Safe® Radiation Shielding Technology to reflect electromagnetic radiation, including 5G frequencies, away from the body
- Has an exposed RF Safe® notch for easy conductivity testing
- Provides anti-radiation protection by deflecting a wide range of radio frequencies from your iPhone, including 5G, Wi-Fi, and cellular, all high-frequency microwave cell phone radiation bands
- Built-in RFID-blocking wallet for added security
- Conveniently converts into a phone viewing stand
- Protects the phone from cracks, dings, and scratches
- Conductive shielding fabric is accessible for easy conductivity testing
- Lightweight and convenient design
- It can be used to increase distance between the phone and your body and using speakerphone or hands-free options
Over two decades of experience in the best ways to reduce cell phone radiation exposure is only a click or call away!
For more information about the RF Safe QuantaCase™ RFS1 product line for cell phone radiation safety, please call 1 (844) 473-7233
RF Safe® and QuantaCase™ RFS1 have registered trademarks owned by Quanta X Technology LLC, Seminole, Florida, USA.